We just release a new product for photographers called CASE Relay. It is the first uninterruptible power system with an external battery pack or wall power for camera of the world.
With Case Relay, you’ll never run out of power and never need to stress about forgetting your camera batteries. If you’re shooting and get low on battery power, simply swap out external batteries throughout your shoot. Case Relay’s internal UPS battery will keep your camera powered while you exchange exter-nal batteries. Utilizing a wall outlet or external batteries, you could in theory shoot forever with consistent power flowing to your camera through Case Relay.
How does it work?
Simply insert the Relay Camera Coupler (directly into the camera battery port, attach it to the Case Relay CPS and power your camera with any standard 5V external battery (commonly known as a portable USB charger, which you can get most anywhere) or an AC power source, such as a wall outlet or generator. Because Relay also has its own secondary internal 1200 mAh battery, if your external battery runs low you can easily hot swap the external battery and not lose power to the camera. If you have access to AC wall power you can also use the Relay USB Wall Power Adapter (sold separate) for an infinite power source to the camera.
The Case Relay Camera Power System provides constant, uninterruptable power for your camera and is perfect for time-lapse photography, photo booths, video production and power-hungry LiveView shooting or any long day on the set. Connect Case Relay EPS to a Tether Tools Rock Solid External Battery Pack (10,000 mAh) and you’ll be able to shoot considerably longer than you would with your standard camera battery. A 10,000 mAh external battery provides 3-10 times the power of most camera batteries, depend-ing on the camera. Need more power? Hot swap in another power bank and continue shooting while never losing power to your camera.
- Case Relay is ideal for time-lapse photography, astro-photography, or any photography that re-quires extended shooting time such as nature, fashion, landscape, architecture and more.
- Case Relay is ideal for video production as you can swap the External Battery Bank, without hav-ing to stop shooting to change camera batteries.
- Use it to power Photobooths to ensure consistent uptime throughout an event.
- More cost effective than purchasing multiple proprietary camera batteries
- Power sources are non-proprietary. Power your camera with the same 5V battery you use to charge phones or tablets.
- Never need to charge camera batteries again. And never run out power.
- Compatible with most Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fuji, and Olympus cameras. Check to confirm your camera model is supported.
- A Relay Camera Coupler (sold separately) is required to use Case Relay External Power System.
- Manufacturer camera battery couplers require use of the included Relay Adapter Kit
Compatible coupler and camera
CRC400–Canon D30, D60, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 5D
CRCE10–Canon 1100D, 1200D, T3, T5
CRCE5–Canon 450D, 500D, 1000D, T1i, XS, Xsi
CRCE6–Canon 7D, 7D2, 70D, 5D2, 5D3, 6D, 60D
CRCE8–Canon 550D, 600D, 650D, 700D
CRN5–Nikon D3000, D5000, D40, D40x, D60
CRND4–Nikon D3, D3s, D3x, D4
CRN5A–Nikon D3100D, D3200, D5200
CRN5B–Nikon D600, D610, D800, D810, D7000, D7100
CRSFW50–Sony Alpha a7/R/S, NEX-7, NEX-6, NEX-5R, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-3N, NEX-F3, NEX-C3, NEX-3, A37, A33, A35, A55
CRPBLF19–Panasonic DMC-GH3, DMC-GH4